Cheesy Tater Tot Sausage and Bacon Casserole
Tater tots, lots of sharp cheddar cheese, bacon, and al fresco chicken sausage–is this anything more tantalizing than these delicious comfort foods? When paired with eggs, milk, onion, and spices these breakfast must-haves turn into one of the most satisfying, and addicting casseroles ever!
- 1 32 ounce bag of tater tots
- 1 8 ounce bag of sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 package of al fresco country style chicken sausage links
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of whole milk
- 1/2 tablespoon of hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon of chives
- salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder to taste
- 2 medium onions chopped
- See more at: http://savvysavingcouple.net/2013/11/04/cheesy-tater-tot-sausage-and-bacon-casserole-recipe/#sthash.L3Bsb2NE.dpuf
Adapted from savvysavingcouple.net
- Cook your tater tots and bacon according to the bag’s instructions. Make sure not to over cook as both will be going into the oven for another 35 minutes or so. Bacon should be crumbled after.
- Slice up your chicken sausage links, and pan fry them with two chopped onions. Once they are done, add them to a casserole pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, crack your eggs, and add your milk. Mix until fully blended, add your hot sauce, and spices. Once the mixture is thoroughly mixed, pour it over your sausage and onions. Then, line the pan with your cooked tater tots.
- Once lined, sprinkle with 8 ounces of cheese and crumbled bacon, and cook in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Once your casserole has cooked for 30 minutes, add the remaining 8 ounces of cheddar-cook for an additional 5 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh chives before serving.
You'll also love
- Crunchy Fish Tacos 4.6/5 (38 Votes)
- French Onion Soup Grilled Cheese 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Simple Crockpot Beef Stew 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Pork Carnitas 4.3/5 (60 Votes)
- Cajun Sausage 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Pork Tenderloin 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cocktail Sausages Asian Style 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot... 5/5 (2 Votes)