Zucchini Bruschetta with Swiss Cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups (750 mL) diced zucchini
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) diced red onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh basil or 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried basil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 48 diagonal slices (3/4 inch/ 2 cm thick) baguette
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded swiss cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 22mins
In large non-stick skillet over medium- high heat, melt butter. Add garlic, zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes and onions; cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until vegetables have softened. Remove from heat; add basil, cayenne, salt and pepper.
Place baguette slices on a baking sheet and top with about 1 tbsp (15 mL) of zucchini mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and broil until it has melted.