Apple Pear Tart
Fat: 25 g
Carb: 40 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 5 g
- 10 pecan shortbread cookies, crushed (1 1/3 cups)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 medium firm ripe pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 12 wedges each
- 2 medium apples, cored and cut into 12 wedges each (do not peel)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp caramel ice cream topping
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 55mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a bowl, combine crushed cookies, flour, and 1/4 cup melted butter. Pat mixture into bottom and up the sides of a rectangular pan or 10 inch round tart pan with removable bottom. Bake crust for 10 mins. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high for 30 seconds. Add egg and 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping; beat until smooth. Spread mixture onto bottom of baked crust. Bake for 10 mins or more until center appears set when pan is shaken. Cool on wire rack. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
3. In a skillet, cook pears and apples in 2 Tbsp butter on medium heat for 10 mins or until tender but still holding their shape. Add lemon juice and heat through. Spoon fruit over tart. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp caramel topping.