FRESH RHUBARB PIE
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 6 tablespoons al-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch crust pie
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Combine sugar and flour. Sprinkle 1/4 of it over pastry in pie plate. Heap rhubarb over this mixture. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and flour. Dot with small pieces of butter or margarine. Cover with top crust.
3. Place pie on lowest rack in oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F, and continue baking for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm or cold.