Honey Rhubarb Cobbler
Fresh rhubarb and wild honey make this cobbler a pure taste of summer sunshine. Impress family and friends with this old-school recipe.
- 8 cups fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb, thawed and chopped
- 1/3 cup wild fireweed honey or wildflower honey
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from canadianliving.com
In bowl, combine rhubarb, honey, flour, sugar and orange juice until well coated; scrape into greased 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish. Set aside.
In separate bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until crumbly. Drizzle with buttermilk, tossing with fork to make shaggy dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead 5 or 6 times until dough comes together. Roll or gently press into 8-inch (20 cm) square; cut into 9 pieces. Arrange on top of rhubarb mixture.
ORANGE SUGAR TOPPING:
In small bowl and using fingers, rub sugar with orange zest. Brush biscuit tops with melted butter; sprinkle with orange sugar.
Bake in 375ºF oven until cobbler topping is fluffy and golden and filling is bubbly (if topping browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil), about 50 to 55 minutes. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (893 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (405 Votes)
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Peach Cobbler 4.4/5 (181 Votes)