Honey Rhubarb Cobbler
Fresh rhubarb and wild honey make this cobbler a pure taste of summer sunshine. Impress family and friends with this old-school recipe.
- 8 cups fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb, thawed and chopped
- 1/3 cup wild fireweed honey or wildflower honey
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from canadianliving.com
In bowl, combine rhubarb, honey, flour, sugar and orange juice until well coated; scrape into greased 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish. Set aside.
In separate bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until crumbly. Drizzle with buttermilk, tossing with fork to make shaggy dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead 5 or 6 times until dough comes together. Roll or gently press into 8-inch (20 cm) square; cut into 9 pieces. Arrange on top of rhubarb mixture.
ORANGE SUGAR TOPPING:
In small bowl and using fingers, rub sugar with orange zest. Brush biscuit tops with melted butter; sprinkle with orange sugar.
Bake in 375ºF oven until cobbler topping is fluffy and golden and filling is bubbly (if topping browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil), about 50 to 55 minutes. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Goat Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomato... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Beef and... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Creamed Charred Leeks With Filo... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy Country Pork Pâté with... 4/5 (6 Votes)
- One-Bite Baked Brie with... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Biko (Filipino Sweet Sticky Rice) 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Strawberry Sorbet 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Rhubarb Custard Bars 4.3/5 (7 Votes)