Chicken Creole Burgers with Bayou Mayo
- Bayou Mayo:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon creole seasoning
Adapted from navywifecook.com
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are very tender, about 8 min. Remove from heat; transfer to a large bowl. Let cool 5 minutes.
2. Add the ground chicken and creole seasoning to the onion/mushroom mixture, stirring well to combine. Shape into 4 patties.
3. Spray a grill pan (or griddle) with nonstick spray and heat to medium heat. Add the patties and cook, turning occasionally, until cooked...about 6 – 7 minutes per side.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the Bayou Mayo by combining the mayo, chives, lemon juice, and creole seasoning. Serve the burgers in the buns topped with the Bayou Mayo.
You'll also love
- Chicken-fried Hamburger (makes 6... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Spinach, Cheese, & Ham Stuffed... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Lazy Day Cabbage Roll Casserole 3.6/5 (136 Votes)
- Olive Garden's Chicken Giardino 4.1/5 (41 Votes)
- Cranberry Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Barefoot... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken Burgers with Spiced Rub 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Shrimp Creole ala Aunt Beverly 4.4/5 (8 Votes)