Chicken Creole Burgers with Bayou Mayo
- Bayou Mayo:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon creole seasoning
Adapted from navywifecook.com
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are very tender, about 8 min. Remove from heat; transfer to a large bowl. Let cool 5 minutes.
2. Add the ground chicken and creole seasoning to the onion/mushroom mixture, stirring well to combine. Shape into 4 patties.
3. Spray a grill pan (or griddle) with nonstick spray and heat to medium heat. Add the patties and cook, turning occasionally, until cooked...about 6 – 7 minutes per side.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the Bayou Mayo by combining the mayo, chives, lemon juice, and creole seasoning. Serve the burgers in the buns topped with the Bayou Mayo.