Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting pans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 bag (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray; dust with flour and shake out excess. Set aside.
2. Stir together flour and salt; set aside. In small bowl, stir together eggs, egg yolks and vanilla; set aside.
3. Mix butter and sugar together on medium-high speed for 6 minutes or until very light and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium and gradually pour in egg mixture. Increase speed to medium-high and beat 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. On low speed, gradually add flour mixture and beat until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Divide batter between prepared loaf pans and smooth tops. Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour, 12 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack for 30 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely on rack.