I got this recipe from ddpie on Bakespace. The first time I made it I forgot the cream and it still turned out great!
- 4 sticks Unsalted butter
- 3 cups White sugar
- 6 large Eggs
- 3 Sifted cake flour (I used all purpose)
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Real Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Almond extract
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Sift more flour than you'll need into a bowl and set aside. (you'll measure this out later)
Cream butter in stand mixer (or use a hand mixer).
Gradually add sugar and beat for 5 min on med speed until light and fluffy, scraping down the side of the bowl frequently.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly between each addition.
Add vanilla and almond extracts.
Add the cream and mix on slow until fully incorporated.
Add in the flour, measuring one cup at a time, mix on slow until just incorporated (do not beat or overmix with each addition). Continue until 3 cups of the flour is mixed in.
Pour into a large greased and floured bundt pan. Or, use 2- 5x9 bread pans. Place in center/lower part of cold oven, then turn on oven to 300F.
Bake at 300°F for about 1 hour and 45-55 minutes for a bundt cake, or 1 hour 10-15 minutes for loaf pans. A toothpick should have crumbs sticking to it a bit. The cake should be just slightly underdone (so don't use the "spring back touch test"). When you wrap the cake, the steam will finish cooking it. Oven temps vary, so check sooner if your oven runs hot.
Let cake cool for only about 10 min in the pan. Gently tilt out onto doubled plastic wrap and wrap well while warm. Sit cake(s) right side up to cool.
It's best to let sit overnight or at least several hours until completely cool before slicing. The wrapped cake will trap the steam, keeping it all moist and delicious!
You'll also love
- Mini Chip Cut-Out Cookies 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Triple Chocolate Ice Cream Pie 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Easy Clementine Olive Oil Cake 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Cherry-Jalapeno Barbeque Sauce... 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Chicken-Penne Florentine Bake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Healthy Lemony Yogurt Loaf Cake 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Classic Vanilla Pound Cake 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Almond Butter Chicken Satay 4.7/5 (9 Votes)