Cranberry-Stuffed Pork Chops
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 4 slices potato bread, cubed (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork chops(about 3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
1.Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and scallions and cook until slightly softened, 2 minutes. Add the cranberries and sage and cook 2 minutes. Add the bread and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add ½ cup chicken broth and the parsley and stir until the broth is absorbed, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a bowl. Wipe out the skillet.
2. Holding a knife parallel to the cutting board, cut a deep 2-inch-wide pocket into the side of each pork chop. Season the chops on both sides with salt and pepper and fill the pockets evenly with stuffing.
3.Melt 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chops and cook until golden brown, 2 minutes per side. Add ½ cup of chicken broth; reduce the heat to medium low. Cover and cook until the chops are cooked through, about 5 more minutes. Transfer to plates.
4.Add the remaining ¼ cup broth and the cream to the skillet and increase the heat to medium high. Simmer, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Season with salt and pepper and pour over chops.
You'll also love
- Waffles With Pear-Cherry Compote 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Goat Cheese and Spinach Scalloped... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple Jelly Candy 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Blackberry -Bourbon Iced Tea 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Turkey Gravy 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Green Salad with Cranberry... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Sausage Ragu 4/5 (1 Votes)
- pork roast 4/5 (1 Votes)