German Bratwurst with Cabbage in a Creamy Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Bratwurst, cut into 1/2 cm thick slices (I used a package with 8 mini-sausages)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 600 g / 22.5 oz cabbage, cut into 1 cm thick slices
- 4-5 tsp mustard
- 150 ml (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp) cream
- 100 ml (1/3 cup + 1 tbsp + 1 tsp) meat stock
- salt, pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry the sausage slices until they’re cooked from both sides. Take them out of the frying pan.
Add the onion and caraway seeds to the pan. Cook them until the onion becomes translucent. Add the cabbage to the pan and cook it with the onions for about 5 minutes.
In a bowl, combine the mustard, cream, and the meat stock. Add it with the sausage slices to the pan and bring it to a boil. Cover the frying pan. Then reduce the heat and let everything simmer for 6 to 8 minutes. The cabbage should remain crisp.
Season the cabbage to taste with salt and pepper. Add the parsley.
Serve with mashed potatoes.
You'll also love
- Pear Preserves Cake - # 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Campbell's 2 step Pork Chops 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Buttermilk-Coconut... 3.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Marsala and... 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Rhubarb Ginger Peach Muffins 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Garlic Chicken with Bow tie Pasta 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Country chicken with sausage &... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Hearty Logger's Chili with Sausage 4/5 (1 Votes)