Passover Zucchini Kugel
This recipe is a zucchini kugel that is all vegetable based, with just a little bit of matzo meal as a binder. Enjoy!
- 2 pounds organic zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 organic Spanish onion, large, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cage-free organic egg
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fresh organic parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh organic mint leaves, chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 cup matzo meal
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375º. Trim the zucchini and cut on the diagonal into ¼ inch thick slices. In a large pot over high heat, bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil. Boil the zucchini until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain the zucchini in a colander, rinse under cold water, and drain again. Blot dry with paper towels. Place the zucchini slices in a mixing bowl; set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the oil; add the onion and garlic and cook over medium heat until soft but not brown, about 4 minutes. Add the onion mixture to the zucchini. Stir the eggs, egg whites, and herbs in the zucchini mixture. Stir in the matzo meal and slat and pepper to taste. Transfer the mixture to an 8x8 inch baking dish, lightly greased with cooking spray. Bake until the kugel is set and the top is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Cut into squares for serving.
You'll also love
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin with... 3.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Ginger Plum Tart 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Copycat Pumpkin Spice Muffins 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Crusty Cauliflower and Ricotta... 3.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Kristin Chenoweth’s Pumpkin Roll... 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Deconstructed Manicotti Skillet... 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
Review this recipe