Chocolate Almond Muffins
Chocolate muffins with a lovely chocolate almond icing. Add a spicy kick by adding a little cardamom or chili powder. Enjoy!
- OPTIONAL CHOCOLATE ALMOND ICING:
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Xantham gum
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips, optional
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin tins or use paper liners.
Combine dry ingredients in bowl.
Add wet ingredients to well of dry ingredients. Beat until well blended.
Scoop into muffin tins.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Let cool on wire rack.
Freeze unused portions.
For a pleasant zip, add 1/8 teaspoon of cardamom or chilli powder to your batter! For cupcakes increase sugar by 1 cup.
Cream 1 cup icing sugar together with butter, milk, almond extract and cocoa powder. Continue to beat, adding 2 more cups of icing sugar until smooth and fluffy.
Ice muffins when cool. Icing can be frozen.
You'll also love
- Paleo Brussel Sprout Egg Skillet 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Classic Swedish Pizza Salad 4.1/5 (66 Votes)
- Classic Dinner Rolls 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Rapid Rolls 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Easy 3 Ingredient Banana Bread 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Glazed Lemon Blueberry Muffins 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Blender Banana Oatmeal Muffins 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Otis Spunkmeyer Chocolate... 4/5 (101 Votes)