Savory Smoked Bacon, Corn, and Gruyére Pie
To be prepared in K32620 — Green Apple 2-piece 8'' x 8'' Square Bakers
- 2 store-bought pie crusts
- 6 oz. smoked bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1-1/4 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup coarsely grated Gruyére cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F. On a lightly floured surface, roll pie dough out until thin and able to cover an 8'' x 8'' pan. Place pie dough in an 8'' x 8'' nonstick baker and pinch along the sides of the top of the baker. Place a square of parchment paper over the dough, covering it completely. Weigh parchment and dough down with dried beans. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
Remove from the oven, take off the parchment and beans, and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Take the baker out of the oven and set aside.
Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 1-1/2 Tbsp. of the drippings. Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper to the skillet. Sauté the veggies until slightly colored. Add the corn and sauté until very tender, about 3 minutes longer. Toss in the green onions.
Whisk the cream, eggs, thyme, salt, Worcestershire, and pepper together in a large bowl to blend. Sprinkle the cheese, then the bacon, over the bottom of the crust. Add the veggies and pour in the egg mixture.
Bake the pie until the filling is golden and just set in the center, about 75 minutes. Let the tart cool to room temperature for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour. Cut the pie into small squares and serve as an appetizer.
You'll also love
- Smoked Mexican Pulled Pork... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Shrimp and Sausage Jumbalaya 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie with... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Bavarian Pork Chops and Sauerkraut 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Candy Corn Cupcakes 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Corned Beef and Cabbage II 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Paleo Bacon Shitake Lamb Chops w/... 4/5 (3 Votes)