Brined Pork Chops - Bobby Flay
Fabulous recipe. Use at least 1 1/2 inch chops.
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1 bunch fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 pork chops (with bone)
Make brine: Combine ingredients in a large non-reactive pan. Stir until salt and molasses are dissolved. Add chops to brine and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
Preheat a grill to medium.
Remove chops from brine and pat dry. Place chops on grill and cook on each side for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on thickness; the internal temperature of the pork chops should measure 145 degrees F when measured with an instant-read thermometer. Serve immediately.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
You'll also love
- Lucky Duck Punch - Blue Punch for... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Clam Chowder - Outback Steakhouse 3.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Louie's Italian Beef 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Honey Basil Grilled Pork Tenderloin 4/5 (2 Votes)
Review this recipe