Joy of Cooking Apple Walnut Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups grated apple
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Sift the dry ingredients together and then set aside.
3. Whisk eggs and sugar together. Stir in apples and let sit for 10 minutes so that the apples release their juices. Stir in the melted butter and nuts. Fold into dry ingredients.
4. Divide batter among 12 greased or lined muffin tins. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, until a testing stick comes out clean. Let cool for a few minutes before removing them from the pans as they are very tender.