Lemon Raspberry Galette
Lemon curd and raspberries in a flaky crust
- Galette Dough
- 1 cup (5 oz) flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (6 grams) sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 oz (6 tablespoons) cold butter
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) cold water
- Lemon Curd
- Yield: 1 cup
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) fresh lemon juice (about 3 – 4 lemons)
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 oz) sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 3 oz (6 tablespoons) butter @ room temperature
- 8 oz fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (19 grams) sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
- sugar, for sprinkling
Adapted from pastrystudio.blogspot.com
For the pastry dough, place the flour, sugar and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process to combine. Cut the cold butter into 1/2” pieces, add to the flour mixture and process for 5 seconds. Add the water and pulse about 15 times. The dough will look a bit lumpy like cottage cheese. Gather the dough and place on a piece of plastic wrap. Shape into a flattened rectangle and wrap. Chill the dough at least 30 minutes or overnight.
For the lemon curd, whisk the lemon juice, zest, sugar and eggs in a nonreactive heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of low simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. Whisk and cook until the mixture begins to thicken, about 3 – 5 minutes. Pour through a strainer into a bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces and add, stirring to fully incorporate. Press a piece of plastic wrap into the surface and set aside to cool.
When you’re ready to roll out the dough, remove it from the refrigerator and rest it on a lightly floured piece of parchment paper for a few minutes so it can soften just a bit to prevent cracking. Then roll the dough out to about an 11 1/2” x 8 1/2” rectangle (or other desired shape) and 1/8” thickness, gently lifting and moving the dough after each roll and keeping the parchment lightly floured as needed. Brush off any excess flour and lift the parchment and pastry onto a baking sheet. Chill while you organize the remaining ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Toss the raspberries and sugar together in a bowl.
Spread a layer of lemon curd to within 1 1/4” of the border on all sides. Use about 1/2 - 3/4 of the curd, per your own personal preference, and store the remaining in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Distribute the sweetened raspberries evenly on top of the lemon curd. Fold the pastry dough over the fruit to form a border. Brush the border with melted butter and dust with a light sprinkle of sugar. Chill until oven is ready.
Bake until the dough is crisp and browned, about 35 - 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
You'll also love
- Stella Artois Cidre Apple Crumb 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Pasta & Veggie Salad 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Agave and Whisky-Glazed Sweet... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Blueberry Pancakes and Kiwis 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- TGI Friday's Copycat Cilantro Lime... 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Great-grandma Ellen's... 4/5 (63 Votes)
- Citrus Mashed Plantains 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Zucchini, Carrot, and Parsnip... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)