Blueberry Pancakes and Kiwis
- For the Kiwis:
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tsp. Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 3 Kiwis – peeled and sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons honey
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
In a large bowl place the self-rising flour.
In a separate medium sized bowl; beat the egg. Add the milk, vanilla sugar and let the melted butter cool a bit and while stirring; add the butter.
Add the blueberries to the flour and gently toss.
Add the liquid to the flour, while gently stirring as you add the liquid.
The batter will seam thick and lumpy; that is o.k..
Heat a large cast iron pan or griddle with a pat of butter. Do not make the pan too hot or the butter will burn and the pancakes will cook too fast and be raw on the inside. A medium heat is good.
Spoon the batter into the pan. When the pancakes smooth out and are firm enough to flip and are a nice golden color; flip; and finish cooking on the other side.
For the Kiwis
Combine the sliced kiwis in a bowl with the lemon juice and honey. Top the pancakes with the kiwis.
You'll also love
- Tostada de Chorizo con Huevo 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Chinese Coconut Buns 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Asparagus Casserole 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Easy Strawberry Napoleons 3.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Crustless Chocolate Raspberry... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- BLUEBERRY COBBLER 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Ojibwe bizhikiwi-wiiyaas... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Kiwi shrimp salad 4.4/5 (8 Votes)