Cranberry,apple and sausage stuffing
Robert Irving, Food Network
- 8 tbs (1/2 cup or 1 stick) butter unsalted
- 2 medium onions,finely diced
- 3 cups choped celery, (about 6 large stalks)
- 6 cups coarsely chopped leeks (about 2-3)
- 4 apples,peeled cored and chopped
- 1 pound breskfast sausage or italian sausage, casing removed
- 6 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves,(about 4 sprigs)
- 2 tsp chopped fresh sage leaves (about 6 leaves)
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley leaves (about 4 to 6 sprigs)
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 box stuffing mix (not cornbread) (recommended Pepperidge Farm)
- 2 cups (1 pint) vegetable or low sodium chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cooking time 1mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Perheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Melt the butter in a large skillet and saute the onions, celery,leeks,apples and sausage, breaking up the sausage as you cook.
2. After about 10 minutes, add the poultry seasoning, fresh herbs and dried cranberries.
3. Add the dried stuffing mix and moisten with the stock.
4. Season stuffing mix with salt and pepper, to taste ( i like the stuffing a little wetter - if you don!t just add less stock)
5. Place into a buttered dish and bake for 45 minutes.
You'll also love
- Jerk Shrimp with Sweet Potato and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pulled Porketta Sandwiches 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock Pot Turkey Legs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Citrus Mini Cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Habanero Jelly 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BEER AND BROWN SUGAR KIELBASA &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Habanero Jelly 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Pork Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)