Pulled Porketta Sandwiches
- 1 (2-4 lbs) Festival Foods Signature Porketta Seasoned Pork Shoulder Roast
- 1 large onion (2 cups), chopped
- 1 (12 oz) can beer or non-alcoholic beer or equivalent amount of dry white wine
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 6 Ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
Preparation time 15mins
1. Place Porketta roast, onion, and beer or white wine in 6-quart slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook 4 to 6 hours on high or 8 to 10 hours low. Transfer roast to platter and when cool enough to handle, remove and discard fat and bones and shred with two forks. Add shredded Porketta back into slow cooker and toss with juices to coat thoroughly. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
3. Place equal amounts of shredded Porketta on the bottoms of 6 roasted ciabatta rolls and top with provolone cheese. Close together with top of toasted red peppers, drained and chopped, to top the sandwiches.
**Chef's note: for optional added flavor, you may add 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained and chopped, to top the sandwiches.
Recommended Wine: Marques de Caceras White Rioja
Recommeneded Beer: Kona Big Wave Golden Ale