BEER AND BROWN SUGAR KIELBASA & SAUERKRAUT
- 12 ounces beer (can or bottle)
- 1 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 3 pounds polish kielbasa
- 1 bag (or jar) sauerkraut (32 ounces), drained
1. Combine the beer and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, until the sugar melts and the mixture is slightly thickened; set aside.
2. Cut the kielbasa into links and place in a slow cooker. Cover with the drained sauerkraut. Pour the beer and brown sugar mixture over top. Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours, or on low for 8 to 10 hours. (We ended up doing a combination - high for 3 hours and then low for another 3 or so. Definitely the longer it cooks the better it tastes!)
3. Serve on its own or on your favorite sandwich roll.