Tomato & Cabbage Salsa "Crack"
My family calls this "crack" because it's so addicting! This makes a big batch of Tomato Cabbage Salsa, so it is worth the effort. Serve with tortilla chips or as a topping for chicken, tacos or burritos.
- 1 gallon ripe tomatoes, peeled and cut up
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 6 medium onions, chopped
- 6 jalapeños, chopped
- 3 bell peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Combine all ingredients in large pot. Cook until well done, about 45 minutes.
Use an immersion blender to preferred consistency. Put in sterile pint jars with 1/2 inch head space. Process in water bath canner for 15 minutes. Makes about 14 pints.
Note: Sometimes I use my “stovetop smoker” to smoke about 1/4 of the tomatoes; just wash, cut out the stem, and stack in the smoker! This adds a little smokey flavor to the salsa.
You'll also love
- Saucy Mushroom Meatloaf 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Garlicky Turnip Fries with... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Mini Onion Burgers 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Mushroom Quinoa Stuffing (Vegan... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Halloween Mummy Spinach Dip 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Mexican Cabbage 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Herbed Sweet Corn and Tomato Salad 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Fettucini with Shrimp, Goat... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)