Glazed Pork Roast with Carrots, Parsnips & Pears
- One 2-lb. center-cut boneless pork loin roast
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 Tbs. Dijon or grainy mustard
- 1-1/2 Tbs. honey
- 2 Tbs. roughly chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 lb. carrots (3 or 4), peeled
- 1/2 lb. parsnips (3 or 4), peeled
- 2 firm but ripe Bosc pears, quartered, cored, and stemmed
- 1-1/2 Tbs. olive oil; more for the pan
Heat the oven to 400°F. Lightly oil the bottom of a medium roasting pan or 15x10-inch Pyrex dish and set the pork in the center. Season the pork with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, and half of the sage; spread on the top and sides of the pork. If the carrots and parsnips are thick (about 1 inch or larger around), cut them in half or quarters lengthwise so that they’re all roughly the same thickness (about 1/2 inch thick at their thickest part). Toss the vegetables and pear wedges with the1-1/2 Tbs. olive oil and the remaining sage, season with salt and several grinds of pepper, and arrange around the pork.
Pour 1/2 cup water into the pan and roast in the center of the oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the roast registers 145°F, 30 to 45 minutes. (The cooking time will vary widely depending on the thickness of the roast; start checking early, and check frequently once the temperature reaches 130°F.) Transfer the pork to a carving board. (If the vegetables and pears aren't fully tender by the time the pork is done, return them to the oven until tender, 5 to 10 minutes.) Let the pork rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly. Serve with vegetables, pears, and pan juices.
nutrition information (per serving):
Size : based on six servings; Calories (kcal): 350; Fat (g): 14; Fat Calories (kcal): 120; Saturated Fat (g): 4; Protein (g): 31; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 7; Carbohydrates (g): 26; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 1; Sodium (mg): 660; Cholesterol (mg): 85; Fiber (g): 5;
You'll also love
- Halloween Fruit Apple Teeth Treats 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Auntie Ime's Banana panikeke... 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Maple Pumpkin Butter 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Tater Tots 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- SAUSAGE, POTATOES AND SAUERKRAUT... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Apricot Glazed Carrots 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Teriyaki Pork Chops 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Cinnamon Carrot Chips with Honey... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)