Cake Mix Doctor Pound Cake
Active Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 14-20 minutes minutes
Yield: 12 large cupcakes, 24 regular cupcakes or one 9-inch pound cake
Recipe inspired by:
The Cake Mix Doctor by Anne Byrn
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 package (18.25 oz) plain yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
Place oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 325° F. Lightly spray cupcake pan with non-stick spray. Set pan aside.
Place cake mix, pudding mix, milk, oil and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, mix on low speed for 1 minute. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Increase mixer speed to medium and continue mixing for two more minutes. The batter should be thick and well blended. Scrape down sides of the bowl and pour batter into the prepared pan. Place pan in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes (45-55 minutes is making pound cake in a tube pan), or until golden brown.
Remove cakes from pan and place on a wire rack until completely cool. Store this cake, unfrosted and covered with foil or plastic wrap for up to 5 days at room temperature or a week in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Cousin Luisa's Italian Date Cookies 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Bavarian Zwetschgendatschi –... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Prosciutto-Provolone Stuffed... 3.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Cooking Light Blueberry Pound Cake 3.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Strawberry Pound Cake 3.9/5 (31 Votes)
- Pineapple-Orange Pound Cake 3.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Lemonade Cream Poke Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)