Olive Garden Beef Filets in Balsamic Sauce
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp. butter, plus 2 tsp. butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thinly
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 4 – 6 ounce beef tenderloin filets
- 1 dash parsley, finely chopped
- Rosemary sprig, for garnish
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from olivegarden.com
•In a large sauté pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil and butter in over medium heat. Add the sliced onions, salt, and black pepper to the pan.
•Cook the onion mixture for 10 minutes or until they are softened and golden brown in color. Stir frequently during cooking to prevent scorching.
•Add the Marsala wine, beef broth, balsamic vinegar, and the chopped rosemary to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer the sauce for 10 to 15 minutes or until the sauce reduces by half.
•Place olive oil on your hands and rub the beef filets with oil evenly. Season them with salt and pepper.
•Pour the additional two tbsp. of butter into a second pan and heat it over a medium-high flame. Place the seasoned filets in the pan and cook to desired doneness - about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
•Lay the cooked steaks on a large platter and top them with the reduced sauce. Garnish the platter with parsley and a rosemary sprig.
You'll also love
- Apple Bread 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- White Bean and Ham Soup 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Jalapeno Baked Bean Cornbread Cups 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Stuffed Artichokes 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Bratwurst Bake 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Turkey chili 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Cajun Beef Chili 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Spinach Salad with Potatoes,... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)