Black Forest Cherry Bars
- 3 (21-oz.) cans cherry pie filling, divided
- 18-1/2 oz. pkg. chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 c. oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c. cherry-flavored brandy or cherry juice
- 6-oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional: whipped topping
Adapted from gooseberrypatch.com
Refrigerate 2 cans of pie filling until chilled.
Using an electric mixer on low speed, beat together remaining can of pie filling, dry cake mix, oil, eggs and brandy or cherry juice until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into a lightly greased 13"x9" baking pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick tests clean; chill.
Before serving, spread chilled pie filling evenly over top. Cut into bars and serve with whipped topping, if desired.
Serves 10 to 12.
You'll also love
- Turkey Ragu on Spaghetti Squash 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Bourbon Glazed Smoke Pork Chops 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Coconut Carrot Salad 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Graham Cracker Apple Crisp 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Almond Crumble Cherry Pie 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Black Forest Tart 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Black forest cake (Dump Cake) 4.8/5 (4 Votes)