Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Parmesan Breading
- lemon vinaigrette:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, just the yellow part not the pith
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, ends trimmed and last inch of stalk peeled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 - 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh-squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
Adapted from cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease or line with parchment a large baking sheet.
In a wide shallow dish or bowl beat eggs and milk together. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl toss the cheese, bread crumbs and lemon together. Add half to a separate wide, shallow dish (add more from the bowl as needed - if you don't use them all you can save them for another use).
Working a few at time dunk the stalks in the egg, allow excess to drip off then coat with crumbs using your hands to pat them on. Set on baking sheet.
Bake until golden brown and fork tender 20 - 25 minutes. Serve as is or with lemon vinaigrette.
To make the vinaigrette pulse the oil, lemon juice and mustard together in a food processor, mix in garlic and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Read more: http://www.cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com/roasted-asparagus-with-lemon-parmesan-bread-crumbs/#ixzz2kgcSSM1L
You'll also love
- Halloween Cookie & Candy Corn Bark 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Angel Food Pineapple Cake 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Raspberry & White Chocolate Waffle... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Strawberries & Corn-Cream Layer... 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Grilled-Corn Salad 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Orange Marmalade Sriracha Sauce... 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Pie 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Asparagus Pasta Salad with Italian... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)