Beef and Mozzarella Baked Rotini
Classic baked rotini is hearty and easy for a weeknight dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 1 package rotini
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 65mins
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and garlic until softened and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add beef; cook, breaking up with spoon, until no longer pink, in about 10 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and mushrooms; reduce heat to medium and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 2 minutes less than package instructions indicated (pasta will be slightly undercooked). Drain, return to pot.
Toss together pasta, meat sauce, 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons of the parmesan cheese. Spread in 13x9-inch casserole dish; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
Bake in 350°F oven until cheese is melted and pasta is bubbly, about 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Lipton Souperior Meatloaf 3.7/5 (529 Votes)
- BLT Pasta Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Arctic Char with Blistered Cherry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pesto Chicken Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spring English Pea & Tarragon Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Sausage & Cheesy Rice... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey & White Bean Burgers 0/5 (0 Votes)