Roasted Whole Chicken and Vegetables - Dutch Oven
This is a perfect all-in-one meal straight from your oven. Chicken and vegetables roast together with herbs to create a savory feast.
- 1/4 cup avacado oil
- 1 (4 to 5 pound) large chicken for roasting
- 1 cup water
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 6 small new potatoes
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 T Herbs de Provence
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 210mins
Adapted from whatscookingamerica.net
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place a roasting rack in a deep cast iron skillet or cast iron Dutch oven (I use a Le Creuset Dutch Oven). Add water
Rub a tiny bit of oil on the chicken and place on roasting rack in Dutch oven.
Toss carrots, potatoes and onion in a bowl with some oil, then place around the chicken. Sprinkle Herbs de Provence, salt and pepper over chicken and vegetables.
Bake the chicken and vegetables, covered, for 3 hours.
Remove the pan from the oven and serve.
You'll also love
- BBQ Roasted Whole Chicken with... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Angel Food Cake with Fresh Citrus... 3.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Beef Cheesesteak Burgers with... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Carne Mechada (Venezuelan Shredded... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken Goulash 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Cooking Prime Rib in a Convection... 3.5/5 (82 Votes)
- Bob Chinn's Mai Tai 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Whole Foods Classic Chicken Salad 3.9/5 (49 Votes)