Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brookie Sandwich
A brookie (brownie+cookie) sandwich filled with a pumpkin cream cheese filling.
- For the brookie -
- 1 C + 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate (chips, pieces, etc.)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 C light brown sugar
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 1 C mini chocolate chips
- For the filling -
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 C pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 C light brown sugar
- 1/8 C granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 60mins
For the brookie -
1. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for in 30 second increments until melted. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla. Set aside. Cream the butter until smooth and creamy. Beat in the sugars
3. Mix in the beaten egg/vanilla until incorporated. Add the chocolate in a steady stream and beat until combined. Add the dry ingredients on slow speed. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
4. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Scoop about 1 Tbsp of dough and roll into a slightly flattened ball. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the top has begun to look matte.
For the filling -
Cream the cream cheese and pumpkin until fluffy. Add in sugars, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla until fully combined and no lumps remain. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Making the Sandwich -
Fill a gallon size Ziploc bag with the filling. Cut the tip of the corner off and pipe the filling onto the flat side of the cookie. Place another cookie on top, flat side down.