Slow Cooker Poblano Corn Chowder with Chicken and Chorizo
Throw all the ingredients into the slow-cooker at once, and it will make this kicked-up corn chowder for you. Plus, the smoky chorizo and the spicy poblano chilies make this soup especially delicious.
- 4 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness™ or Certified Organic)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cans (about 14.5 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1 large potato, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 large poblano chiles, seeded and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts and/or thighs, cut into cubes
- 1/2 pound chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 22mins
Stir the broth, sugar, canned corn, potato, chiles, thawed corn, chicken and sausage in a 6-quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours* or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the cream and cilantro.
*Or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
Tip: To enhance the flavor of the chowder, roast the chiles and thawed frozen corn before adding to the cooker. Place the chiles and thawed corn in a single layer in a roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss to coat. Bake at 375°F. for 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- FRIED RAVIOLI POPPERS with... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Fish--Baked Lemon Sole with... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Pineapple Stuffing Casserole 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Red Lobster Bacon Wrapped Sea... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Fried Zucchini Batter 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Turkey Meatballs with Asian... 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn 4.3/5 (13 Votes)