Beef or Venison Jerky
The marinade for this venison jerky recipe is a winner! Just remember, the cooking time will vary depending on a few factors including humidity, the thickness of meat slices and temperature setting.
- 1 1/2 pounds beef or venison. sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 260mins
Marinate meat overnight.
Cook in food dehydrator or oven on lowest setting. Test jerky for dryness by cooling a piece. When cool it should crack when bent but not break and there should be no moist spots.
Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to two weeks, refrigerate up to three weeks or freeze.
Note: The cooking time will vary depending on a few factors including humidity, the thickness of meat slices and temperature setting.
You'll also love
- Ranch Style Beans 4.1/5 (33 Votes)
- Best White Fruit Cake on Earth 3.9/5 (48 Votes)
- Ground Cherry Peach Pie 4.1/5 (33 Votes)
- Slow Cooked Lamb Shoulder 4/5 (27 Votes)
- Columbian Hot Chocolate with Cheese 3.8/5 (87 Votes)
- Bon Appetit's Best Beef & Bacon... 3.8/5 (24 Votes)
- Parmesan, Black Pepper, & Thyme... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Crab & Avocado Quesadillas 4.3/5 (13 Votes)