Wilted Cabbage with Ground Beef
This is quick, easy dish to prepare and a great way to use your cabbage or cole slaw mix that isn't as crisp at it was last week.
- 2-4 cups shredded cabbage or cole slaw mix
- 1/2 of an onion
- 1 pound of your favorite ground burger (beef, turkey etc.)
- 1 or 2 carrots if not using coleslaw mix
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Wash cabbage, core and cut in fine stripes, skip this step if using cole slaw mix
Brown ground beef and fry until cooked through.
Dice onions and add to ground burger while cooking.
Add cabbage (or cole slaw mix), bay leaf if desired, carrots and some more seasoning.
Let simmer until cabbage is cooked, remove bay leaf.
Season again if necessary.
Serve with crusty rolls, rye bread, rice or potatoes.
You'll also love
- Zucchini bars with spice frosting 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- pumpkin muffins 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Thai Turkey Meatballs 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Asian Beef with Snow Peas 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Colombian Empanadas with Hot Sauce 4.1/5 (64 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower and Cabbage... 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Southern Fried Cabbage 4.4/5 (35 Votes)