Bacon and Pea Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 oz penne or macaroni pasta (I use Dreamfields)
- 8 oz frozen peas
- 4 thick slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I use fat-free Greek)
- Dash of hot sauce
- 4 oz cheddar, shredded
- 4 oz fontina, shredded (or other melt-friendly cheese - not more cheddar)
In a medium saute pan, cook the bacon to a crisp and then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions, until al dente.
Add the peas to the pasta water in the last minute of cooking.
Reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining the pasta and peas.
Return the pasta and peas to pot.
Add 1/4 cup pasta water (it must be hot), the yogurt, a few dashes of hot sauce, and 1/3 of the grated cheese and stir until the cheese has melted.
Stir in remaining cheese, one small handful at a time to prevent clumping.
Add additional pasta water as necessary to thin and melt the cheese sauce.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add the bacon, mix well, and serve.
You'll also love
- Skillet Hash with Spinach 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Lime Herbed Marinade for... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rigatoni 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crockpot Honey BBQ Beef 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Lover's Roast Beef 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock Pot Pesto Ravioli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna Macaroni Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Loaded Mashed Potato Balls with... 0/5 (0 Votes)