SAUTEED FIDDLEHEAD AND MUSHROOM GNOCCHI
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced shitake mushrooms
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 2 cups fresh fiddleheads, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 pkg (500 g) gnocchi
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
Add shallot and garlic; cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper; cook until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook fiddleheads until bright green but still crisp, about 5 minutes. With slotted spoon, remove and rinse under cold water; drain and set aside.
Add gnocchi to boiling water, cook according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
Add fiddleheads to mushroom mixture; cook, stirring often, until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes.
Add gnocchi, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and reserved cooking liquid; toss to coat. Pour into serving dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
You'll also love
- Salmon Burgers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BLACK GARLIC AÏOLI 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Balsamic Blueberry Grilled Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta with Roasted Red Peppers,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Aunt Fanny's Pasta Soup with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carbonara Style Rigatoni 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SAM HAZEN'S HARVEST WILD MUSHROOM... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tortellini alla panna 0/5 (0 Votes)