Momma's Creamy Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- 16 oz. elbow macaroni (about 3 cups)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 lb (16 oz)cubed 1/2" size Velveeta cheese
- 8 ounces Shredded Kraft Mild Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 8 ounces Shredded Kraft Monerrey Jack Cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Heat oven to 357*.
Cook macaroni in a large pot of salted boiling water until tender, but not too mushy, about 8-10 minutes. Drain wel and and pour into a large mixing bowl.
Melt on low the Velveeta chees and 3/4 cup milk until melted (stir often)
Pour melted cheese sauce over pasta and stir. Add in butter, 3/4 cup milk, eggs, 1 cup shredded cheeses, salt and pepper. Mix well and transfer to a 2 qt. baking dish.
Pour the remaining cheese sause on top
Bake until top crust is golden broun and casserole is bubbling, about 25 minutes. Serve hot.