Bacon Clam Chowder
- 1 can 6 1/2 oz minced clams
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 med. potato peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teas chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teas dried thyme
- 1 Tbl cornstarch
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 1 1/2 teas butter
- dash cayenne pepper
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Drain clams, reserving juice; set aside. Place the clams in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Set aside.
In a large saucepan, combine the broth, potato, celery,onion, bouillon and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes
or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the reserved clam juice.
Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; gradually stir into soup.
Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Stir in the butter, cayenne and clams. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with bacon.
You'll also love
- Loaded Baked Potato and Chicken... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- ORANGE BROWNIES 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Seafood Lasagna 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Osso Buco-Style Beef Stew - WW 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Super Shrimp Dip 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crunchy honey garlic pork chops 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bacon Lettuce Tomato BLT Soup -... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Crab Quiche 4.5/5 (2 Votes)