Knott’s Berry Farm Biscuits
This type of bread is very convenient. You don't even have to give them time to rise before baking.
Rate this recipe 4.2/5 (63 Votes)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk or
- 1 cup milk plus 1/8 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup oil
Adapted from cheftessbakeresse.blogspot.com
Sift flour, baking powder and salt into mixing bowl.
Add shortening and blend well.
Add baking soda to buttermilk, then blend into flour mixture.
Place dough on generously floured surface and sprinkle with additional flour.
Do not overwork dough.
Roll out 1/2 inch thick and cut with 2-inch biscuit cutter.
Dip biscuits in oil to cover all sides and place immediately on oiled baking sheet with all biscuits touching.
Bake at 500 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until nicely browned
You'll also love
- Guacamole & Sweet Potato Chips 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Stuffed Zucchini 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Baked Lemon Chicken 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Cranberry Tart 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
Review this recipe