Easier Than Takeout Orange Chicken
This amazing recipe is from cookbook Eat What You Love by Marlene Koch.
It makes 4 servings (1 cup) and has a WW points value of: 6 per serving
Nutrition Information: Calories 290/ Carbs 18 g/ Total fat 9 g/ Protein 32/ Fiber 0/ Cholesterol 100 mg./Sodium 360 mg/
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup light orange juice
- 1/2 cup Splenda Granulated sweetener
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite sized chunks
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 small Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
1. To make the sauce, in a med. saucepan, whisk together the first nine ingredients (water through pepper flakes). Place the pan over medium-high heat and bring to a low simmer
2. in a small bowl, mix together 2 Tbsp. of water and the cornstarch to create a slurry and whisk into the sauce. Bring the sauce to a low boil and cook for 1 minute, or until the sauce thickens and clears. Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer.
3. Roll the chicken pieces in the egg and toss with flour to coat
4. Heat 1 Tbsp. of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken and cook 4-5 minutes, or until well browned on all sides and chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a bowl and cover. Heat the remaining oil and cook the remaining chicken pieces. Add the chicken to the bowl and set aside.
5. Add the red pepper and onion to pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until slightly softened. Add the chicken to the pan and then the orange sauce. Stir to coat and serve.
I love to serve this meal with either brown or white rice and stir fry veggies or steamed broccoli.
You'll also love
- Swordfish Steaks Broiled 4/5 (2 Votes)
- TURNIP GREEN CASSEROLE (Jeff... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple Glazed Cornish Game Hens... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler Patti Labelles Recipe 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Sauce for Salmon Patties 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Basil Dipping Sauce 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp: PF Changs Orange Peel... 3.8/5 (9 Votes)