Orange Marmalade Without Added Pectin
- 3/4 cup grapefruit peel (1/2 grapefruit)
- 3/4 cup orange peel (1 orange)
- 1/3 cup lemon peel (1 lemon)
- 1 quart cold water
- Pulp of 1 grapefruit
- Pulp of 4 medium-sized oranges
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 cups sugar
To prepare fruit. Wash and peel fruit. Cut peel into thin strips. Add cold water and simmer in a covered pan until tender (about 30 minutes). Drain.
Remove seeds and membrane from peeled fruit. Cut fruit into small pieces.
To make marmalade. Add boiling water to peel and fruit. Add sugar and boil rapidly to 9 degrees above the boiling point of water (about 20 minutes), stirring frequently. Remove from heat; skim.
Pour immediately into hot, sterile canning jars to 1/4-inch from top. Seal and process 5 minutes in boiling water bath.
This recipe yields 3 or 4 half-pint jars.
You'll also love
- Arctic Char With Horseradish... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sonny's Smoked Fish 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Banana Pepper Dip 3.8/5 (58 Votes)
- Desserts - Grandma Bonnie... 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Lipton's Green Tea with Citrus 3.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Jacques Pépin Orange Soufflé... 3.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Grape Jelly Without Added Pectin 3/5 (27 Votes)
- Plum Jelly Without Added Pectin 0/5 (0 Votes)