Sweet Cream Cheese Noodle Kugel
This slightly sweet, very creamy Sweet Cream Cheese Noodle Kugel is the perfect dessert for any festive party spread. The raisins can be replaced with diced apples for a slightly tarter flavor. This dish is great for potlucks or any occasion when you need to feed a large crowd.
- 8-ounces wide egg noodles, about 3/4 (12-ounce) package
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 (1-ounce) package cream cheese, whipped
- 8-ounces cottage cheese, about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from food.com
Set oven to 350°F and set oven rack to middle position.
Butter a 13x9-inch baking dish.
Cook egg noodles in a pot until tender-firm, about 6 to 7 minutes; drain and set aside.
Place sour cream, cream cheese, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt in a food processor and process until blended, about 20 seconds.
Add the eggs and butter and process until incorporated, about 5 seconds more.
Pour the cream cheese mixture over the noodles in a large bowl then add the raisins and toss all together.
Spread kugel evenly into the prepared pan.
In a small bowl or cup combine 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon then and sprinkle on top.
Bake on center oven rack until the top is crisp and the center is firm and risen, and a tester comes out dry when inserted in the middle, about 45 to 50 minutes. Cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Creamy Italian Beefaroni Casserole 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Gingerbread Cookies 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Shrimp Dip 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Crab Eggs Benedict 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker VELVEETA® Macaroni... 3.8/5 (155 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Chocolate Cupcakes 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Macaroni & Cheese 4.2/5 (24 Votes)