Kiwi shrimp salad
This simple tropical salad is light, tangy, refreshing and healthy. It's perfect for your 7 days soup diet or cleaning eating life style. Shrimp can be cut into bite sizes or serve as whole. Trick to make the tender shrimp is to place hot shrimp into icy cold water, also will give your shrimp a pretty pink color.
- 6 large shrimps, peel off the shells
- 2 kiwi, peeled and cut into cubes
- Others: ginger, salt, vinegar, sesame oil, and water for boil the shrimps
Adapted from aohmc.blogspot.com
Place some ice cubes with water and set aside.
In a small pot, place enough water to boil the shrimps. Add pinch of salt and few slices of ginger in the water and bring to boil. Place peeled shrimps in the boiling water for few minutes until cooked (curled and turn light pink). Remove cooked shrimps from boiling water and place in the icy cold water right away.
After shrimps chilled, place in a mixing bowl with cubed kiwi. Sprinkle some salt, drizzle some vinegar and sesame oil. mix up and ready to serve.
Kiwi is king of all fruit. It contains 120% of daily value of vitamin C and only 45 calories in one kiwifruit.
You'll also love
- Auntie Ime's Banana panikeke... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Heirloom tomato gratin 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- HCG Diet Cucumber Orange Salad 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Sweet Orange Shrimp 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Fresh Kiwi Summer Roll 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Dehydrated Kiwi 3.8/5 (39 Votes)
Review this recipe