Italian Beef and Ravioli Stew
Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 210); Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 100mg; Sodium 500mg; Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 8g); Protein 33g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 45%; Calcium 15%; Iron 30%. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat; 1 Fat. Carbohydrate Choices: 2.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves or basil
- 1 medium yellow or green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 pounds beef boneless chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, basil and olive oil, undrained
- 1/2 cup red wine or Progresso® beef flavored broth (from 32-ounce carton)
- 1 1/2 cups Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen cut green beans
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese-filled ravioli
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 100mins
1 Heat oil in 4 1/2- to 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2 Cook onion, garlic, rosemary or basil and bell pepper in oil 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are softened.
3 Stir in beef. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is lightly browned.
4 Stir in tomatoes and wine. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 45 to 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is tender.
5 Stir in frozen green beans and ravioli.
6 Increase heat to medium-high. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until ravioli are tender.
You'll also love
- Italian-Seasoned Roast Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Luscious Lemon Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Escarole, Sausage, and Fontina... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Penne and Smoked Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Marsala and Fettuccine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corned Beef and Cabbage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Ravioli with Sage Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)