Luscious Lemon Pound Cake
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) lemon cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Lemon Crème Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tub (10.6 oz.) COOL WHIP Vanilla Whipped Frosting, thawed
- 1 jar (10 oz.) lemon curd
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com
HEAT oven to 350°F.
BEAT first 5 ingredients in large bowl with mixer until blended; pour into greased and floured 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan.
BAKE 50 min. to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 30 min. Loosen cake from sides of pan with knife. Invert cake onto wire rack; gently remove pan. Cool cake completely.
SPOON frosting into small bowl. Gently stir in lemon curd. Spread over top of cake. Keep frosted cake refrigerated.
Use Spaghetti for a Cake Tester
If you are baking a cake or cupcakes and are out of wooden toothpicks to use for testing for doneness, grab a strand of uncooked spaghetti. It makes a great cake tester! When a piece of the spaghetti inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean, the cake is done.
You'll also love
- SPICY SIRLOIN ROAST 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Checkerboard Turkey Sandwiches 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Maple banana Hawaiian bread pudding 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Jerre's Black Bean and Pork... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Banana & Peanut Butter Smoothie 5/5 (4 Votes)
- DIY Orange Green Tea Cheap-o-chino 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Key Lime Poke Cake 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Pie 4.3/5 (60 Votes)