Light Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip
Makes 18, 3 tbsp servings
Traditional versions of this party fave are loaded with cheese and cream, but this healthy version offers satisfying creaminess without all the calories. Frozen artichokes have less sodium and fat than jarred.
Per Serving: 50 calories, 6g protein, 3g carbohydrate, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 133 mg sodium. Calories from fat 24%
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 –4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp low-fat milk
- 8 oz nonfat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10-oz) package frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted, rinsed, and chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp sherry
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, drained, with shells removed
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozarella
Adapted from img.webmd.com
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter and add onion, sauteing 5-7 minutes until onion carmelizes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a blender, puree cottage cheese with milk until creamy. Add cream cheese and blend until smooth.
4. In a large bowl, combine onion and cottage cheese mixtures, artichoke hearts, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, sherry, pepper and nutmeg - mix thoroughly. Add crab and gently combine. Place crab mixture in a medium casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Top with shredded cheese.
5. Bake 20-30 minutes, or until lightly golden.
6. Serve with Melba toast, crudities, or your favorite whole grain crackers.
You'll also love
- Creamy Italian Beefaroni Casserole 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Brown Sugar-Cinnamon Peach Pie 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Microwaved Corn on the Cob 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Coconut Flour Sweet Potato Brownies 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Bertucci's Salmon Florentine... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Shrimp Dip 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms 4.5/5 (13 Votes)