Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken in florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon each cayenne pepper, curry powder and white pepper
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large saucepan, combine the cauliflower, onion, broth and
Cover and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour
until smooth. Gradually add milk. Cook and stir until bubbly. Cook
and stir for 2-3 minutes longer or until thickened.
Reduce heat; add
cheese and seasonings. Pour into cauliflower mixture. Simmer slowly
for 30 minutes (do not boil).
Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts:-Added by System Jul 24--> 1 serving (1 cup) equals 220 calories,