Peaches cookies - my favourite
These have jam filling but I prefer this chocolate/jam filling. You can also fill with Nutella.
- 8 eggs
- 8 cups flour
- 2 cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder (mine said 1 tbsp, will try 2 next time)
- 4 tsp. vanilla (original recipe doesn't use it but I like the taste)
- 1 jar 500 grams welches grape jelly/jam (orange or peach)
- 1/4 tbsp. rum (to taste)
- 1 cup crushed walnuts, pecans, or almonds
- 1 jar Hershey unsweetened cocoa (1 1/2 cups)
Mix all ingredients together and leave in bowl for ½ hour.
Roll (like log, 1 inch in diameter) and cut into small chunks
Bake 350 degrees for 8 minutes
With teaspoon scope out hole in centre.
Mix all filling ingredients with scoped out centre of cookies
Fill cookies and join 2 together
Dip one side cookie into espresso cup with vodka or water and food colour (1 tbsp vodka)
Dip the other side in another cup with different colour food colouring
(good colours to use, yellow, red or green)
roll in granulated sugar