Coconut Pumpkin Granola
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup wheat germ - optional
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 tablespoons flaxseed (ground or whole)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened organic coconut shreds
- 2/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2/3 cup almonds (chopped or whole)
Preparation time 15mins
Adapted from freecoconutrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 275 degrees °F.
Bring oil, syrup, molasses, cinnamon, water to a simmer in a saucepan over low heat.
Mix all the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Pour oil/maple syrup mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine.
Coat 2 large cookie sheets with oil and divide granola mixture evenly. If you like granola clusters, gently form clumps from the mixture.
Bake on middle rack for about 30 minutes, stir and continue baking for another 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Recipe submitted by Claudia, Shawnee, KS
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Beer-Braised Smoked... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Taco Salad With Pinto Beans and... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Turkey-Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Mesquite Smoked Turkey with a... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- No Bake Pumpkin Bars 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- COCONUT CLOUD 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Coffee Roasted Almond + Toasted... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)