Budin de Pan, Traditional Puerto Rican White Bread Pudding
Try this traditional Puerto Rican dessert at home! This sweet, dense budin de pan is a delicious treat to enjoy at any time of the year. Budin de pan translates into a traditional Puerto Rica white bread pudding that is the perfect dessert for any celebratory party or gathering. Serve this recipe with freshly whipped cream and/or your favorite vanilla ice cream.
- 12 (1-ounce) slices of white bread
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- freshly whipped cream or thawed whipped cream topping for serving
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 90mins
Tear pieces of bread into bite-sized pieces with your hands and place in a bowl. Then, mix in milk, eggs, coconut milk, sugar and raisins and break up the chunks of bread until mixture looks like a cake batter.
Butter a 3-quart glass pan and pour in bread batter.
Place into the oven at 350°F for 1 hour 20 minutes or until golden brown.
After cooling, cut into squares and top individually with a dollop of whipped topping.
You'll also love
- Gift in Jar Cowgirl Cookies 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Skinny Puppy Chow 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Homemade Hot Chocolate 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Garden Dirt Pie 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Rose Levy Beranbaum's Fresh... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Don Pablo's Spoon Bread 3.9/5 (127 Votes)
- Carrot Cake with Ginger Cream... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Italian Pot Roast with Penne 4.4/5 (16 Votes)