Wildfire Chopped Salad
Chopped lettuce with roasted chicken, avocado, tomatoes, blue cheese, bacon, scallions, corn, tortilla strips and a citrus vinaigrette. Enjoy!
- CITRUS VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped bacon
- 1/4 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup baked tortilla chips, crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 4 ounces diced roasted chicken
- 1/4 cup roasted corn
- 2 whole avocados, diced
- 6 tablespoons, or to taste of Wildfire Citrus Vinaigrette Dressing, recipe below
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (key lime if possible)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, ribs and seeds removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon honey
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
Cooking time 10mins
Core both heads of lettuce, clean and chop into one inch pieces. Spin chopped lettuce dry in a salad spinner until completely dry (or open bags).
In a large bowl, toss all salad ingredients together and mix well. Add dressing and toss right before ready to serve. Serve to guests on chilled plates.
Put everything but the cilantro into a blender and puree until smooth. Stir in the cilantro; then taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Shake before serving.