Banana Berry Bread
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries (I used strawberries, raspberries and blueberries)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from Weelicious.com
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
4. Add the egg, bananas, milk and vanilla and mix to combine well.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Gently fold in the berries.
6. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack.
To freeze: Wrap the bread and then place in a labeled zipper bag for up to 3 months.